Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need clarification on Bianchi Barricade used in classifier.

oregonshooter

My local RO seems to think that you are required to remain on the platform of the barrier (24x24x4) if there is a platform.

From what I can find in the rulebook it says to use a "Bianchi style" barrier and that the width will be 24" and can have or not have a back to the box.

My argument is that if the rulebook says it doesn't have to have a rear of the box, then I should be able to have one foot off or both feet off the platform as long as I'm retaining 50% cover to the targets.

In the past he has not let me shoot it unless I crowd the wall and stay on the 24X24 platform, but I'd like to clarify the rule before next months classifier because it is much easier for me to shoot with more space between me and the wall.

I understand that imaginary lines would extend from the sides to infinity behind me and that stepping over would be a procedural. If that is the case, would hanging a foot over the raised platform also = procedural even if it did not touch the ground? This is another idea he has that I don't agree with. I think he is mixing the IPSC fault line with cover boundaries in this case.

What do the experts say?

Edited by oregonshooter

There is no 24"x24" platform on a Bianchi barricade.

From the 2005 rule book.

"Bianchi Style Barricade: A barricade wall the dimensions of which are 24” wide by 6' tall. The shooting box is 24” wide and does not necessarily have a back to it."

The shooting box can go back to infinity, depending on the size of the bay.

That being said, if I see a shooter's foot go outside the line on the SIDES of the shooting box, they get a PE.

Get rid of that Platform and build a regular Bianchi barricade. And ask to see your SO's IDPA card and check to see if it has an SO sticker.

Gringop

My argument is that if the rulebook says it doesn't have to have a rear of the box, then I should be able to have one foot off or both feet off the platform as long as I'm retaining 50% cover to the targets.

+1 to the above. No platform, no back.

If you have a 2' wide wall, you can make it into an IDPA type bianchi barricade by laying down 2x4's along each side. You can slide your foot up against the 2x4, but can't step on the 2x4s or over them.

In the classifier stage 3, most people plant their feet touching the both sides of the box and then shoot away without adjusting their footing.

Edited by Steve Koski

Thanks! Planting my feet and leaning is how I do it, but the barricade is too crowded for guys over 6" to do. I think I will solve the problem by cutting the platform off and leaving the 2x4's extending backward next time I'm setting up a stage. :)

Edited by oregonshooter