Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer Smear

10mmjunkie

Now if I could just keep it from launching my precious 10mm brass into Idaho...

You should get the Sprinco recoil reducer first of all to make sure you aren't hammering your frame. They don't make springs stiff enough for hot 10mm loads.

Then after that you will need to shorten your ejector pin. I seriously spent about 3 months trying different springs, spacers, etc to try and get my 10mm Match to not chuck the brass 30 yards and the only progress I made was putting a huge spacer in front of the spring, which then caused so much force to be put on the slide when it would slap shut that I was worried about either fracturing my slide stop pin or beating the frame up. Since then I went back to just a plain spring (stiffest Wolff makes) along with the Sprinco recoil reducer 2-stage guiderod and started working on the ejector pin. I don't have any hard numbers but I think mine is less that 1/2 as long as it used to be (email me if you want and I can measure). Now my brass only goes about 12-15 feet. I think I need to take it down a touch more, but I was thinking of experimenting with a small spacer again now that I'm close.

Glad to hear the Wolff firing pin spring helps, I think I'll updated my 10mm with that next.

- Nealio