Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

open Glock vs open 2011er range report

fritzthemoose

Hello,

the last 3 years I was shooting a Seidler Open Glock (writedown of the gun in the Glock forum) A couple of weeks back I got an SPS Open (pretty much the same like STI)

this report is not really comprehensive as I was shooting Glock for 3 years and my SPS now for just a couple of weeks but what the heck :sight:

Glock feels better balanced for me mainly because I have a very heavy jetfunnel which is not possible with my SPS as the jetfunnel is integrated in the grip. So I cannot add any weight there. Overall the Glock is heavier and feels just better and not so topheavy. This might be because I am used to it so lets see what I am saying in a few months

The Glock grip is better which is no surprise as I enlarged it which I have not done with the SPS one yet. After that I think that the SPS one will be more comfortable and ergonomical

First thing I noticed was that the SPS is much more loud than the Glock. This should even get more as soon as I have my holes in the barrel

I dont really go into the trigger thing as everyone knows that the 1911en trigger is lightyears ahead of Glock

Using the same load I dont see any difference in how flat the gun is. However, I have not tested it yet but while this load was major out of the Glock i dont think it will make major out of the SPS. By the way I am using 9 Major. I am sure I can load the SPS higher than the Glock so I assume that in the end the SPS will be flatter than the Glock especially with the hybrid holes

From a pure accuracy point of view the SPS is better but than again the Glock was more than accurate enough

The SPS cycles faster. With the Glock I sometimes had the feeling that I was faster than the gun not so with the SPS

Up to 10m the SPS should give a slight advantage due to faster cycling.

Up to 20m the SPS shoudl give a slight advantage due to it should be flatter (asuming that you got used to the Glock trigger)

From 20m up the advantage of the SPS should get bigger with each meter, flatter, better trigger and so on

Shooting my Glock done by Jager, I do very well. I also have been shooting a Glock in Production where I am a Grand Master.

95% of shooting is the shooter and having a gun that runs perfectly on demand. If you are a D-M and your gun runs perfectly, it is not the gun that holds you back. I do not feel held back by shooting a Glock in Open...I simply currently lack the skills to win against the top Open shooters in this sport.

Shooting my Glock done by Jager, I do very well. I also have been shooting a Glock in Production where I am a Grand Master.

95% of shooting is the shooter and having a gun that runs perfectly on demand. If you are a D-M and your gun runs perfectly, it is not the gun that holds you back. I do not feel held back by shooting a Glock in Open...I simply currently lack the skills to win against the top Open shooters in this sport.

I agree with you that most is the shooter and not the gun. On the other hand when I decided to get a new open I decided get the best platform. So it was betwenn 1911 and Tango. Got the 1911 because the Tango has problems with 9 Major

Anyway, the main difference for me is the fact that I dont have to work on my triggerpul and dont have to worry about it. I know that it can be done with a Glock too but it takes much much longer at least for me. Bottom line one less thing to work on.

I think I will gain a few % because of the gun but not enough to move me up considerably in the standigs