Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Rimfire

Griz

I noticed in the rule book that there is a production rimfire class and was thinking about what guns would qualify. The most popular 2 on earth, Ruger Mark II/III and Browning Buckmark are out since they are single action only.... I guess some of the tacticool plinkers (Sig Mosquito, Walther P22, etc) would be legal, but I can't see those being used for serious competition. A 617 is the best solution that I can think of. Any others?

I think the idea of Production Rimfire is not the same as Production Division.

I think the gun has to be pretty much as issued regardless of configuration, otherwise it is Production with conversion kits. No dots, no comps no touching the barricade with wings. Open Rimfire is anything goes. Really in rimfire two divisions would be enough, otherwise you dilute the match and remove much of its relevance and difficulties.

I think the idea of Production Rimfire is not the same as Production Division.

I think the gun has to be pretty much as issued regardless of configuration, otherwise it is Production with conversion kits. No dots, no comps no touching the barricade with wings. Open Rimfire is anything goes. Really in rimfire two divisions would be enough, otherwise you dilute the match and remove much of its relevance and difficulties.

I'll have to disagree on this one. It has to be DAO or DA first shot to qualify for Production Rimfire. Which guns could you use? Not many.

Just curious, why would you think PRODUCTION rimfire would be different from other PRODUCTION other than caliber?

I think in the next year or so, we may see some changes in PRODUCTION, but when or if it happens, it should apply to PRODUCTION across the board.

I would think that a Match Director has some lattitude in doing what deem best at their matches as long as their decisions do not effect fairness to others shooting proper guns and other equipment. Certainly rules to the letter should be followed in Registered Matches, Championships and the like.

See you all in about 6 weeks! It's going to be a great Cup with some surprises I'm sure.

MJ