Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Paddle Holster with CR speed belt?

I have a paddle holster (comp-tac) for both my production (Beretta 92fs) and single stack (SA TRP) guns, but am noticing that benefits of the CR speed type holster that I see other shooters wearing. Is the CR speed type inner and outer belt compatible with a paddle holster?? Does anyone preferentially have this set-up? Thanks for the info in advance

A paddle holster is compatible with or without any type of belt. So to answer your question yes it would work with a CR speed belt. However I don't really see what the benefit would other than possible regarding your magazine holders. I am not sure if you are asking about using your paddle with the belt, or getting a CR speed holster (you mention both). I guess if you clarify it a bit more it may help.

I use a cheap Uncle Mike's paddle holster with the CR Speed belt for SS all the time. This particular holster has a lot of adjustments and you can actually get the gun lower, and keep it legal for SS, than with anything else I have tried. Once on the belt it stays put and works quite well.

Also, I have a couple of Gold Cups that I use occasionally for SS and they will fit in the UM holster and they will not fit in a BladeTech.

I had been shooting with paddle and a regular belt, and the holster did not move. However the gun was so close to my belly that I felt that my initial grip was altered. I was hoping that by adding the CR speed outer belt it would move everything out just a bit allowing for a more efficient draw and mag change. Thanks for all of your responses.