Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

powder/primers newbie question

bzt

If you live in the S.A. area, try to get a hook up at one of the air force bases in the area. The A.F. should have plenty of once fired brass laying around

My wife is active duty at Lackland. How the heck would I get brass from them?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Most military ranges require that the brass be recycled. Lake City 223 brass got shipped back to Lake City.....at least that was what I was told when I was in until 2004. The Army considered brass a "controlled" item. If you got caught with brass in your pockets after range cleanup, they'd smoke the hell out of you.

If they lied to me, someone at the range was making MAD $$$$ selling that stuff. Thousands of rounds of the same lot!!! That's good stuff.

If you live in the S.A. area, try to get a hook up at one of the air force bases in the area. The A.F. should have plenty of once fired brass laying around

My wife is active duty at Lackland. How the heck would I get brass from them?

Back in the late 90s I "owned" the range at Andrews...the brass had to be accounted for, by weight as I recall. If you know someone in law enforcement, that's a much better bet. If not, Brassman is the way to go as both .40 and 9 are both cheap via that route.

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...