Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed WSM 2 fit issues

rider82

Just wondering if I'm missing something on the set up. This is my first CR Speed holster. Draws at speed are almost impossible, I'm literally lifting the whole rig with the gun still in the holster. I left the lock lever really loose, and have kept it in the down postion. I seems that this holster is a little picky as far as draw angle, but this is unreal. One other thing that seems to be going on is the "sharpness" of the trigger guard edges. Any ideas or experience would be helpful.

Hi!

Your problems are quite common when using a Sig Sauer with a CR Speed WSM 2. But there is a simple solution. You just have to smoothen up the inside egde of the trigger guard a bit. Take a bit of sandpaper and break up the edge of the trigger guard where the lockin lever of the holster engages.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Marijan

I tried it in the up position several times, but rotating it forward until it points down was a little better. I have done some sanding on the inside of the trigger guard, and it is helping, but I'm doing a little at a time. Thanks for the help.

I don't know how many people have tried this set up, but this is my experience. Based on the instructions, I had to make some adjustments. I had to move the barrel nipple(if that's what it's called) down further than the instructions called for. With the sanding and polishing, and moving the barrel support down, it's far better now. I'm using a Speed-Sec for my STI, it's not there yet, but it's a lot better.