Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 2011 FRAME MODIFICATION

ss+P

ok i had a 2011 built with an sti frame. i didn't have the trigger guard undercut and there is a nasty lip inside of the mag well (after i put a brazos big mouth magwell). How can i remove this lip and undercut the trigger guard.

Will sandpaper do the trick or should i use a file to remove the majority of the material and then sand it.

don't want to screw up the frame so i ask for you assistance members.

If you go through the directions I posted in the thread below you'll see how I do undercuts...not that it's the only way, but it works. You can use the same setup to remove the lip in the magwell so that it's a nice smooth transition. I simply pop the magwell off and use a Dremel tool with the round stone I show in the link and use a little trial an error...take a little off, push the magwell back on and check, repeat until you're happy. Worst case scenario with any of this is that you trash the grip and have to get a new one...$110 or so, and it won't hurt the frame. R,

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67691&view=findpost&p=784502

If you go through the directions I posted in the thread below you'll see how I do undercuts...not that it's the only way, but it works. You can use the same setup to remove the lip in the magwell so that it's a nice smooth transition. I simply pop the magwell off and use a Dremel tool with the round stone I show in the link and use a little trial an error...take a little off, push the magwell back on and check, repeat until you're happy. Worst case scenario with any of this is that you trash the grip and have to get a new one...$110 or so, and it won't hurt the frame. R,

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67691&view=findpost&p=784502

Thanks for the info Bart, that was great. If i start my own grip company i will send you some of the proceeds, J/K. thanks again for the help