Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should I call about my Classification?

mcginnes

Here's the deal: I've been really close to B class (58+%) for a while. I had a couple of good classifiers (including a PB), and thought I might move up. When the update came, I actually went down a little, partly because I shot 2 classifiers with lower scores than I had shot them before, and the higher scores dropped out of the eight most recent.

Question 1 is, shouldn't those (newer, lower scored) classifiers have been D-flagged?

If they should have been flagged, should I call USPSA? It would not change my classification, but it would change my "Current Percent" from 57.767 to 59.297 (Yes, I'm a Stat junkie.)

I'm not trying to grand-bag, but I would like my Classification scores to reflect what I've done (and it's nice to see one's name in the Top 20 list.)

If you want the details, my classification is here:

http://www.uspsa.com/cgi-bin/lookup_class.cgi?number=TY44084

mike,

i was in the same boat as you.  the uspsa only keeps the most recent 6 classifers.  if you shoot a high "c" score, they will keep it and replace a higher score that is not within the most recent 6 classifiers.  if you want to move up in class, attend a special classifer match, do well and your in "b class".  but, don't get in any hurry.  the compitition is just as tough in "b class as it is in "c class"  and don't sandbag.

lynn (i finally made master class this year) jones

check out my history... L843

(Edited by lynn jones at 9:23 am on Nov. 15, 2002)

I do the stats for our club and I can tell you that the folks at USPSA are really good to work with. If you feel there is an error, call them and they will look into the matter. They are there to help.

The D flag doesn't show up as much as one would think it should. The D flag works like this:

The lower scores for classifier courses that have been shot more than once and are within the most recent eight are flagged with "D." Only the highest score will be used for classification. If the highest score is older, the lower scores "D" flag may be replaced with another flag. It is possible that the lower score may even be reflagged with "Y" after the higher score moves beyond the most recent eight and used to calculate the current average if the score is one of the highest six scores.

Thanks for the replies, and the clarification. I just wanted to be sure that I had the score I was supposed to have.

It is possible that the lower score may even be reflagged with "Y" after the higher score moves beyond the most recent eight and used to calculate the current average if the score is one of the highest six scores.

That is exactly what happened with at least on of them.