Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My experience with eating Paleo/Primal so far

Leozinho

I'm not really sure. I haven't sat at a bench in about 2 years...so I probably couldn't top 315 right now. I mentioned taking note of some PRs just for the sake of seeing which way my strength goes after starting to eat differently. I never max out anymore, although it probably would makes sense to do so a couple times a week. A 500 deadlift shouldn't be a problem with a little training. A 450 squat sounds difficult for me depending on how far down you consider a full squat.

I haven't gone for a 1 rep max in about 4 months either. I wouldn't even recommend doing that very often from the strain it places on your body. Plus a true 1 rep max will have some form breakdown in it...normally this isn't a problem, but shit has the potential to happen even with you do everything right. You know your body better than I do, but for me maxing out a few times a week would very quickly lead to overtraining. You would likely be able to get away with it for awhile since your squat and deadlift sound like they are still in the novice phase. (Note: the term novice has nothing to do with numbers, but refers to the amount of adaptation you have gone through measured against your genetic capacity for strength).

The proper depth of a squat is when the crease of the hip passes below the patella when viewed from the side. Anything higher than this is not actually considered a squat.

Where do you find Pasture/grass fed eggs, pork, chicken, beef etc? I can't reasonably drive out to the country to find local eggs and chicken (surrounded by suburbia).

Wholefoods, Wild oats, and Sprouts usually have a good selection depending on where you live.

Check out this site: http://www.localharvest.org/ for some pointers to farms and providers near you. Also, you can use Google to find locally produced stuff :) A CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) arrangement works out pretty cool, as well (working on firing up a subscription to one, myself).