Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Toyota joke

Bear23

The reports about the Califonia Prius Incident are interesting. If for no other reason that all the finger pointing. Toyota is basicaly saying the guy staged it and the CHiP is saying they think its real. One of the latest reports says the driver did not put the car into Neutral out of fear he would miss and the car would flip if pushed into Reverse.

Having been in some major high-speed incidents, I don't ever recall that level of clear thought. More like instinctive reactions combined with thoughts of "Oh S!!t"!

"that level of clear thought" and the ability to call 911 and talk for 23 minutes could come from staging the whole thing

electronic xmissions do not go into reverse at speed, people need to learn how to use the things they buy

from what read, "the guy" has issues (recent bankruptcy and massive debts) which do not necessarily mean anything, but does provide a motive to attempt to find some deep pockets

bottom line - lots of doubt that this guy's story is true

20uecki.jpg

What I find even more funny, is that I know exactly where that photo was taken at. Coming down huge mountain on 68 near Coopers Rock West Virginia, Cheat lake is at bottom, I've been boating there before. It's a hellova grade! Just northeast of Morgantown WV.

Edited by mrwhite1