Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Instructional Video on YouTube

Dawson Marketing

Hi everyone.

I'm happy to announce that we have completed our latest instructional video, "Glock Magazine Follower Tuning for Dawson Precision Base Pads".

It is available here at YouTube.

It covers the simple modification to Glock followers for attaining maximum capacity using our Glock Base pads.

Let us know what other topics you'd like to see covered in our video series.

Dawson Precision

Thanks for the video. What seems to be an issue for a number of people using (various) Glock mag extenders is not getting 20 rounds of .40 into the tube. The problem is that once the tube is fully loaded, it's extremely difficult to seat with the slide forward. And even if you can seat the mag, there is no play left in the spring so that the first round is jammed so hard against the slide that the slide will barely budge.

I don't know if that is due to the follower, the spring, the mag, the extension or what, but it effectively limits reloads to 19 round magazines. I guess that's why the extensions are sold as a +4-5 rather than a guaranteed +5.

My followers are altered as the video shows. It works. The 19 re-loadable are common. I have a couple old "RESTRICTED LE/GOVT ONLY" tubes that run with 20 re-loadable. I'm a bit overly protective with them. :)

Jim

• 1 month later...

Hey Dave, great job!! Is it possible to cover something like doing an easy polish job on STI magainzes?

Thanks for the kudos. :cheers:

Actually, STI mag tube polishing is covered in detail on the instructional DVD that comes in our Mag Tuning Kit.

We're planning to film a few more videos this Friday so I'll see if we can work that in.

-Chet