Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Make sure you wash your hands

Hmmmm...every time I've flown to a match and had ammo (my reloads in Dillon boxes that have been used previously) in my checked bag it has been "randomly selected" for searching by TSA according to the little sheet they leave. The first time my bag missed my flight. I now leave a note with my business card taped to the ammo boxes "Hi, I'm flying to the XYZ pistol match, call me on my work cell if there's a problem" and my bag has always made the flight. R,

• 1 month later...

If the swabbing can give a false positive from heart attack medications (nitro tablets, CH2NO3) and fertilizer (ammonium nitrate, NH4NO3) the machine is obviously looking for NO3 (nitrate) as it's found in both and almost all explosives used by terrorists.

Nitrate is in guncotton and nitro based smokeless powders. It's NOT found in GSR. The oxygen in the nitrate is consumed in the chemical reaction.

TSA is talking about finding nitrate from GSR. Spill titegroup all over your shooting bag, you might have a problem. Rub TG all over your hands and not wash them, you will have a problem.