Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon Reflex

Va_Gunner

Well assuming it's a 6.5 moa dot (which I think it is), you are covering approx. 6.5 inches in diameter at 100yds. Not so good for long shots. The 1 moa dot on an Eotech is much better (in the 1x scopes) for long distance. I love my Trijicon Reflex, though and it has worked well for me in local competitions. One of the very best CQB scopes.

I have a couple of these. Mine have the 12 MOA triangle, which I think is the best reticle in this optic. You aim with the tip of the triangle. I love it for use outdoors. But I've noticed that the amber reticle can wash out with indoor lighting, especially on a light colored background. That limits its usefulness for CQB purposes. I've come to prefer a low power variable scope for nearly all my rifle shooting.

I have checked my Trijicon Reflex in all kinds of light-this comes up frequently on this forum-it works in any kind of light, including no light. I have checked it against brown cardboard and white curtains, it doesn't wash out. It is a 6.5MOA amber dot. Maybe the tritium is worn out? I do like the triangle better for aiming pinpoint.

• 2 weeks later...

I have checked my Trijicon Reflex in all kinds of light-this comes up frequently on this forum-it works in any kind of light, including no light. I have checked it against brown cardboard and white curtains, it doesn't wash out. It is a 6.5MOA amber dot. Maybe the tritium is worn out? I do like the triangle better for aiming pinpoint.

Naw, it's not the tritium. It's when there is too much light for the tritium, but not enough to light up the fiber optic very well, especially on a light colored background. I was using it on an indoor range that isn't terribly well lit, and the reticle washed out very badly on a light tan target. I now have a Weaver 1-3x on that gun, though I'd still like to find a use for the reflex as I like the optic otherwise.

Naw, it's not the tritium. It's when there is too much light for the tritium, but not enough to light up the fiber optic very well, especially on a light colored background. I was using it on an indoor range that isn't terribly well lit, and the reticle washed out very badly on a light tan target. I now have a Weaver 1-3x on that gun, though I'd still like to find a use for the reflex as I like the optic otherwise.

I'll have to check mine in that light situation-optics are funny things and a weird science.cheers.gif