Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Head

TravisT

PAT:

Would that include a guy who shot the very first IPSC match ever on table mountain in Golden Colorado?? If so you must have really been early!! Wierd shapped targets, you bet! But as I recall, having been there, it was all about COMBAT use of the pistol! not the game and club atmosphere we are squabling about here!   KURT

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is quite funny to listen to those in defense of the IPSC metric target for its anti-PC humaniod appearance when every thing else about this sport's practicality and tactics has been thrown out the window. What are you really fighting for? The IPSC classic target is no different than the Open gun, or the competition holster when it comes to being PC.

The ease at which the non-combat evolutionary changes were accepted in IPSC for the guns and holsters hinged on the fact that those changes offered a competitive advantage to the shooter. We need to design a target that offers a competitive advantage to the shooter, then you will have all of your converts line up for the change.

(Edited by noname at 5:01 pm on Jan. 14, 2003)

One things for sure. You never heard ME say the lack of a head on the Classic target made it the target of choice for me. It's the shape and size of the A zone that makes it attractive....brings back an element of accuracy the Metric target doesn't. Question...just how is a Scoped,Compensated, mag sticking out of the grip by 2 plus inches hi-cap race gun and plastic/carbon fiber holster P.C. ?