Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz base pad question

obsessiveshooter

This question is regarding Mecgar CZ 75 17 round magazine base pads:

I have three magazines that came with the plus two extensions, so they don't have the standard locking plate at the bottom of the spring that is needed to hold a regular competition base pad in place.

I don't like the idea of buying those little oem pieces of metal for $10 each, so I'd rather get the $2 shockbottle locking plates from BSPS. I understand that the shockbottle locking plates will have a larger nub. Will that larger nub still hold another brand of Base pad in place? Or is it at least centered with the hole from other brands so that I can chamfer the hole on the backside of my pads with a drill to make it lock in place better?

I've got 6 Springer base pads I'd like to start using.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I will answer my own question. The shock bottle locking plates will work with other brand base pads. Two out of the three that I bought I needed to shape the knob a little bit with a knife to make it lock in more positively in the hole of my Springer pads. But they do work just fine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thats great news. I have a pad that needs a new retainer but havent got one yet since i didn't want to spend 9 bucks on the plate and another 9 to ship something that weights maybe 1/4 of a oz

Edited by coolcw1987