Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timer app that works with os 11?

horseman

So after the update to 11 my iphone shot timer app will not work. Phone says it needs to update and no update is available. Emailed developer and no response. App is called shottimer.

Anyone know of an app that will work with the new system. I really liked my old one.

3 minutes ago, horseman said:

So after the update to 11 my iphone shot timer app will not work. Phone says it needs to update and no update is available. Emailed developer and no response. App is called shottimer.

Anyone know of an app that will work with the new system. I really liked my old one.

Crap--I hadn't noticed that since I upgraded to IOS 11, but you're right.   My Caldwell Ballistics chrono app isn't opening either, but it isn't throwing the same error message as the shot timer.   GSSFBase seems to still be working.

No recommendation (yet) for an alternate shot timer.

I use Make Ready. Not really good for a shot timer, at least not with a LifeProof case on the phone, but it's great for par times. I've not tried it without the case, and you can adjust the sensitivity, so maybe with some playing around it will work, but I use a regular shot timer for live fire and my phone or the shot timer for dry.

• 1 month later...

Second the above. I've tried a couple of the shot timer apps prior to purchasing a regular shot timer and I like "Make Ready" the best. They have a Lite version, but that doesn't include any kind of random start time (i.e. it starts when you press the button to go unlike a regular shot time where u can press the button, ready yourself, then go on buzzer). Because of this, it works best if you have a buddy who will run the timer/phone while you are running the drill.