Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

does ccf frames do custom work

hank2222

i have been wanting to build a new play toy for myself..i saw that the ccf frames does not want you to use after maket typle barrels ..i have to ask this question..

can you make the frame fit a one typle only of aftermarket typle barrel maker without a lot of problems..i have alwasy like metal frame over the plastic frame

here what i want to do

and before anyone goes nutcase on me..i have all the tax stamps for a sbr and supp from the atf..

-x-aftermarket kkm barrel for a glock 17.l barrel threaded for supp use with a yhm corba m-2-supp as need .

to swap out the two barrels as need for diff use of the pistol.-x-one as a playtoy and other as a open class racegun for shooting in matchs

-x-glock longslide 17.l model slide-x-2-sets one with good set of sights for shooting in limted class as need and other a trick out no sight on the slide for shooting in open class

-x-swap out the rear inserts for attchment of a shoulder stock of my own design ..and goes back into a racegun with a qiuck changeing out the insert back to the standard unit as need to shoot open class as need

i like to a single pistol set up with diff items as need for to do diff things with the pistol

Edited by hank2222

I could be wrong, but I think the reason they don't want you to use a drop in type barrel is because the locking block on the CCF frames are oversized slightly to allow for a better lock up with the factory barrel. Then when you add an aftermarket nonfitted barrel with an oversized locking lug, you get issues with lugs shearing off and that sort of thing. There are threads about it on here somewhere IIRC. Someone correct me if I'm worng but I do believe this is the reason.

I imagine if you have a gunsmith fit barrel installed properly there would not be a problem with it. There is no reason you couldn't have multiple slide/barrel configurations fitted to the same frame.

A while back I think Vanek was doing some work with the CCF frames and so were SJC. You might want to get in contact with either of them as they both do outstanding work and they will be able to help you out.

ETA: more info because I'm too quick to hit the post button

Edited by mjohns930

I'm curious about the CCF frame as well.I'd like to use a G17 parts kit to build a 9 major open gun.I'd like to use a Lone Wolf drop in barrel, Jager comp,and a JPoint.It would be nice if someone would sell me a modified CCF that would play nice with that barrel.Maybe Robar?Otherwise,I might hold out to see how Lone Wolf's new poly frame turns out.-Mike

• 7 months later...
I'm curious about the CCF frame as well.I'd like to use a G17 parts kit to build a 9 major open gun.I'd like to use a Lone Wolf drop in barrel, Jager comp,and a JPoint.It would be nice if someone would sell me a modified CCF that would play nice with that barrel.Maybe Robar?Otherwise,I might hold out to see how Lone Wolf's new poly frame turns out.-Mike

You can give SJC a call. Steve was very informative and can break down the whole process. Check out their website. I think the CCF frame costs an extra $150 to work on due to the oversized locking block. I was looking to setup a carry piece but they are geared for competition. I believe they may be the only ones building CCF competition guns from the ground up. You can also talk to KKM in the fall. I believe Kevin said he would start fitting CCF frames to their barrels then.