Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster help

Broski

Ok, I have to preface this question by letting you all know that I am a complete rookie to shooting sports. I have now shot 2 steel challenge matches and 1 USPSA match. I am currently shooting a Springfield XD Mod2. I know this gun will NEVER be competitive, but until I figure out where I want to land as far as divisions, it is going to be what I am shooting. I am currently running a Fobus paddle style holster. I am about to order my first inner/outer belt and am trying to find some used pouches to buy. What I can't figure out is what holster to get. Can you guys help me here? If possible I would like to find w holster that would work for my little "Derringer" (3" barrel) and also a 5" model in case I stick with Springfield. It may not work, but would be nice. What do you guys think?

Have a look at the Safariland custom fit model-568. They're fairly cheap in price over in US, comes with both paddle and belt loops, just check the website to see it its compatible but I use one for a XD 9 Tactical so maybe it will fit, they do have good adjustability for different guns as that's the idea of them 

Model 568 Custom Fit Belt Loop Concealment Holster,

My $0.02

Get a holster designed to fit your 3" XD Mod2.  Then when you upgrade your blaster get a new holster.  Trying to save $70 is pretty ludicrous once you get **lls deep into USPSA & action shooting.  As for holsters that will fit an inner/outer rig belt:  anything that accepts a BladeTech Tek-Lok or Stingray Belt Loop...

BladeTech

CompTac

KT Mech  (made in USA and has holster for XD Mod2 3"...website is not-so-good...but product & service is good. Get "Akela" series)

Edited by uewpew
grammar is hard...

19 hours ago, uewpew said:

My $0.02

Get a holster designed to fit your 3" XD Mod2.  Then when you upgrade your blaster get a new holster.  Trying to save $70 is pretty ludicrous once you get **lls deep into USPSA & action shooting.  As for holsters that will fit an inner/outer rig belt:  anything that accepts a BladeTech Tek-Lok or Stingray Belt Loop...

BladeTech

CompTac

KT Mech  (made in USA and has holster for XD Mod2 3"...website is not-so-good...but product & service is good. Get "Akela" series)

Thank you for the info on KT Mech. I just ordered a holster from them today. Should have it before my match on the 18th. Will let you know how it works out.