Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats the lowest LnL case feeders go for?

taymag

Also whats the best % coupon Midway ever offers? Deciding if its worth waiting it out or not. I can literally buy another press for $50 more than the damn case feeder ($340) which is ridiculous

Couldn't agree more. Been debating wether or not to go the DIY route for a while. That price tag is a hard pill to swallow.

$270 is what I paid for mine a couple years ago. Believe it was $300 with a 10% and free shipping coupon. 

On a side note, the LNL case feeder is a finicky pain in the ass and getting it running consistently is extremely difficult. The case isn't fully supported as the V-block pushes it into the shell plate so tall cases with narrow bases (.223) have a tendency to tip. Feeding into the shell plate is also finicky with all the adjustments having to be just right. Again some cases just don't like to feed well here and are prone to tip. The drop where the case comes out of the tube and lands in front of the V-block isn't fully supported so again some cases will tip and fall here. Some cartridges (especially 9mm) will jam at the feeder itself where they come off the feeder wheel and fall into the drop tube. 9mm in particular will turn sideways and block the drop tube. On top of all this is the cases that drop in upside down. With a ton of tinkering (and patchwork fixes) I got mine running about 95% with 9mm, 100% with .308, and .223 was workable as long as I pulled the handle with perfect smoothness. Any jerk in the motion and the case would tip. 

I like the LNL for a lot of reasons. The case feeder isn't one of them. If you you want to run a case feeder I would recommend just buying a Dillon that was designed for it from the ground up. The implementation of the Dillon case feeder is superior to the Hornady in every possible way. I am not trying to pick a red v blue fight here, just calling it like I see it based on my own experience.

1 hour ago, JRM83 said:

$270 is what I paid for mine a couple years ago. Believe it was $300 with a 10% and free shipping coupon. 

On a side note, the LNL case feeder is a finicky pain in the ass and getting it running consistently is extremely difficult. The case isn't fully supported as the V-block pushes it into the shell plate so tall cases with narrow bases (.223) have a tendency to tip. Feeding into the shell plate is also finicky with all the adjustments having to be just right. Again some cases just don't like to feed well here and are prone to tip. The drop where the case comes out of the tube and lands in front of the V-block isn't fully supported so again some cases will tip and fall here. Some cartridges (especially 9mm) will jam at the feeder itself where they come off the feeder wheel and fall into the drop tube. 9mm in particular will turn sideways and block the drop tube. On top of all this is the cases that drop in upside down. With a ton of tinkering (and patchwork fixes) I got mine running about 95% with 9mm, 100% with .308, and .223 was workable as long as I pulled the handle with perfect smoothness. Any jerk in the motion and the case would tip. 

I like the LNL for a lot of reasons. The case feeder isn't one of them. If you you want to run a case feeder I would recommend just buying a Dillon that was designed for it from the ground up. The implementation of the Dillon case feeder is superior to the Hornady in every possible way. I am not trying to pick a red v blue fight here, just calling it like I see it based on my own experience.

I've heard most of these complaints and am going to have to attempt to deal with them, I have to have a case feeder to speed things up a little. I am hoping the new design has fixed a few of these issues (assuming you have an older model). I am pretty sure you have seen some of the inserts people suggest (I think the guy sells them on ebay) but I would like to think they help. I try and tell myself the LnL was still the right choice and this thing runs PERFECT (I saw a lot of old reports/designs saying it was questionable) but a guy at my match last night was telling me he switched from a LnL to the blue too :( lol

7 hours ago, taymag said:

I've heard most of these complaints and am going to have to attempt to deal with them, I have to have a case feeder to speed things up a little. I am hoping the new design has fixed a few of these issues (assuming you have an older model). I am pretty sure you have seen some of the inserts people suggest (I think the guy sells them on ebay) but I would like to think they help. I try and tell myself the LnL was still the right choice and this thing runs PERFECT (I saw a lot of old reports/designs saying it was questionable) but a guy at my match last night was telling me he switched from a LnL to the blue too :( lol

My case feeder was so finicky on my Lnl that I honestly felt I could load as fast without it.  Maybe even faster as 98 percent or so of the malfunctions on the press were a result of it.  It was so bad I gave up on the Lnl and got a 650 with the case feeder.  Wish I did it a long time ago.  I was loading 9 40 and 45.  45 was pretty smooth but 9 was awful and 40 wasn't great.

for what its worth my case feeder runs great. I haven't had to do anything to it, just have to know how to use the different v blocks and adjust the timing with the slider bar. Once you know what you're doing its fairly easy, i switch between, 45, 9mm and 223 regularly with no issues

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk