Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3K Issue?

lilbeauxdawg

I recently took my trigger group out for the first time to clean and lube it.  Went to the range yesterday and the first 16 rounds with federal (walmart bulk pack) ran fine.  I put Winchester AA in and the second shell came 1/2 to 3/4 out the mag tube onto the lifter and got stuck there.  If I pushed the shell forward into the mag tube from the ejection port and pressed on the shell release button (little silver button to the right of the trigger) the shell would come all the way out onto the lifter.  It did that 2-3 times within 7 rounds.  I put the federals back in it and it did the same thing.  Wondering if anyone has had the same issue or if I possibly out the trigger group in wrong somehow?  Shotgun probably has around 400 rounds through it and this is the first time it has done this.

thanks 

Brandon

On 11/6/2016 at 6:57 PM, lilbeauxdawg said:

I recently took my trigger group out for the first time to clean and lube it.  Went to the range yesterday and the first 16 rounds with federal (walmart bulk pack) ran fine.  I put Winchester AA in and the second shell came 1/2 to 3/4 out the mag tube onto the lifter and got stuck there.  If I pushed the shell forward into the mag tube from the ejection port and pressed on the shell release button (little silver button to the right of the trigger) the shell would come all the way out onto the lifter.  It did that 2-3 times within 7 rounds.  I put the federals back in it and it did the same thing.  Wondering if anyone has had the same issue or if I possibly out the trigger group in wrong somehow?  Shotgun probably has around 400 rounds through it and this is the first time it has done this.

thanks 

Brandon

Given that the first 16 rounds cycled your trigger group installation sounds OK. Check for debris (gravel, piece of shot, etc) inside the mag tube causing the follower/spring to hang up. also check the area between the shell latch and the inside of the receiver.

Another place to check that can hamper feeding is the junction of the factory mag tube and the extension. Is there a gap or ledge than can let the mag tube spring hang up? This issue can stop or limit the amount of force with which shell come out of the mag tube