Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best major performance yet, but help me find more

mahamoti

2016 LA Gator Classic

My best major match finish to date:  10th Prod, 3rd A, 4th state.  But, I know there's more.  I'm 2-4sec slower, on field courses, than the GM/Ms ahead of me.

One M was into partial hard cover, and it was close.  Stage 8, mag failed to drop free, followed by my failure to seat on another reload... that was my worst stage by far.

Help me find what I can focus on to chase M/GM level performance heading into next year!

I've already had someone point out to me that I stand still at the beginning of my reloads, instead of doing the entire thing on the move.  I'll be working on breaking that habit.

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 9.42.33 AM.png

I noticed that on two stages where you got 2 and 3 D's, you did Very Well - 7th and 9th place.

Possible you were "pushing your limit" on those two stages, but NOT pushing on stages

5,6 &10 (came in 18th, 14th and 15th)?

One of my last matches, I was positive that I was shooting a little beyond my ability, and

did very well - didn't have the few misses I expected.

I do think I have some work to do finding the razor's edge between hosing everything and shooting all A's.  Even when I've set out to be the "go fast" guy though, I've come in slower than the local GM/Ms; I just have more M's to show for it.  So I *think* the time that can be made up, exists somewhere in draws/reloads/movement.  That's how I currently read it myself, at least...

Sure; I wasn't saying I needed all A's, just need to find the sweet spot between all A's slowly and all M's as fast as humanly possible.

I'm planning on running my vid side-by-side with a few others to investigate, but being a lefty compounds things, since most are running the stage in opposite directions.  Still, I'm sure I can learn something from it.

If you can identify where you're losing time (thru the side by side video's),

you'll know what to practice.

If your draw to 1st shot is in the 1.0 - 1.2 second range, you should be good.

Then check how long it takes to make the 2nd shot (tells you if your draw/grip

is good).

Then reloads, running from spot to spot...

Break down all the components and identify where you're lagging.

Then you have answered your own question - what should I work on to make myself

faster?