Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bullet sources

raggedclaws

I can get Missouri Bullets locally for $64/K out the door. Two Alpha barely beats that when I buy 3K (9mm 147gr) and that ends up at ~$60/K. Anyone know of a cheaper lead bullet thats still quality ? If I can get 147gr BBI for $65 Shipped (case price), would I be better off going the moly route ?

I switched to BBI because of the price per thousand if you buy 3000 at a time, the accuracy is better than lead and there is less mess and way less smoke with moly. I'm using the 130 right now but, I have shot quite a few 147's and they all work just fine through my CZ and M&P. WSF is a good powder with lead and moly for 9 minor loads.

thanks BM. Ive ordered a few sample packs in 9mm and 45, but still waiting on their arrival. The case price is good, and if they are that much better than lead, I'll probably be switching, even though Im very happy with my 3.4gr Solo 1K and 147gr lfp.

Your Solo load should be just fine with the moly 147 FP. So far all of my lead loads in 9mm and .45ACP have worked perfectly with moly, no changes required. Chrono will tell you what works.