Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multigun Matches in USPSA "Area 5"?

Any Multigun matches that would be good for a first time Multigun shooter in the North East Indiana area(ie, Indiana/Michigan/Ohio)?

Just wanting to get a feel for multigun before I start driving longer distances to bigger matches. Im shooting in my first USPSA Production Class match in April, and would love to get into Multigun as well this year.

Any Multigun matches that would be good for a first time Multigun shooter in the North East Indiana area(ie, Indiana/Michigan/Ohio)?

Just wanting to get a feel for multigun before I start driving longer distances to bigger matches. Im shooting in my first USPSA Production Class match in April, and would love to get into Multigun as well this year.

I know that there is a quarterly Multi Gun held at the "Atlanta(indiana not Georgia)" Multi Gun group. Contact this gentleman via PM on this board, "rz317 ", I am sure he can direct you to the multi gun match he hosts in Indiana.

Edited by cold

I know that there is a quarterly Multi Gun held at the "Atlanta(indiana not Georgia)" Multi Gun group. Contact this gentleman via PM on this board, "rz317 ", I am sure he can direct you to the multi gun match he hosts in Indiana.

Atlanta conservation club.

Come on out and play.

ATLANTA CONSERVATION CLUB

2010 MULTI-GUN MATCH SCHEDULE

March 14 - Speed Shotgun

May 9 - Multi-Gun

July 11 - Speed Shotgun

September 12 - Multi-Gun

November 14th - Multi-Gun

This year ACC will be hosting threeMulti-Gun matches. Our Multi-Gun matches in 2010 will be run under IMGA style rules, instead of USPSA rules as in prior years. Our website will be updated soon to reflect this, with a downloadable set of our rules.

Also, for the first time ever, ACC will be hosting two "Speed Shotgun" matches. These will be shotgun-only matches and will be run under a "Pro Am" style format. Again, our website will be updated soon to reflect this, and give more details about the match along with rules.

Thanks for your interest and hope to see you come out!

Ryan Zamberlan

Multi-Gun Match Director

Atlanta Conservation Club

Atlanta, IN

www.atlantacc.net

so these would be good for a first time multigun shooter? is there anything I can be doing in the mean time to help prepare? Im gonna start workin on shotgun reloads as that will be the hardest part for me I think. Especially since I dont have an extended tube for my 11-87

so these would be good for a first time multigun shooter? is there anything I can be doing in the mean time to help prepare? Im gonna start workin on shotgun reloads as that will be the hardest part for me I think. Especially since I dont have an extended tube for my 11-87

Jon,

We get many new shooters at our matches at ACC. There is a lot of good info on this forum on getting started in 3-Gun. Personally, I don't suggest going out and investing in a lot of new gear until you have shot a couple matches. It is very common for many new shooters to use borrowed gear at our matches. However if there is one piece of equipment I do suggest investing in right away, it is a quality magazine extension for your 11-87, if that is what you plan to use for 3-Gun. I recommend getting at least a +4 extension. More shotshell capacity can save you a lot of frustration.

RZ

that is what I would like to use but the problem with tube extension for my 11-87 is I have to modify the current magazine. There is a little notch that sticks up in there that prevents the follower from flying out. Have to file the notch down, but we'll see.

that is what I would like to use but the problem with tube extension for my 11-87 is I have to modify the current magazine. There is a little notch that sticks up in there that prevents the follower from flying out. Have to file the notch down, but we'll see.

Jon,

I just sent you a PM regarding this.

RZ

We'll also be hosting Multi-Gun matches at Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club just outside of Brookston, IN (near Lafayette). We'll have the same rules as the earlier listing for the Atlanta Conservation Club (IMGA style rules, instead of USPSA rules as in prior years).

April 3, Multi-Gun, Shooters Meeting 9:45 AM, Match starts @ 10 AM

June 5, Multi-Gun, Shooters Meeting 9:45 AM, Match starts @ 10 AM

August 7, Multi-Gun, Shooters Meeting 9:45 AM, Match starts 10 AM

October 2, Multi-Gun, Shooters Meeting 9:45 AM, Match starts @ 10 AM

PM me if you have any questions... We'll be utilizing our 300 yard range @ MGM flash targets and some other goodies thanks to Mike & Travis @ MGM!

Brett

I will for sure be coming to Brookston for the matches. One my best friends lives in Delphi. Give me a reason to visit him and come shoot a 3 gun. Im tryin to get him to come shoot too, but he has shitty work schedules(works for Tippy Co Jail)

Can you pm me more info about the Brookston matches.

The Atlanta matches are a probably as well, have another good friend that lives in Sheridan haha