Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red dot and Eotech problem

lou52

I have an Eotech on my carbine and I have no problems with the display until I put on my presciption shooting glasses I use to shoot pistols. I shot my first 2 gun match (pistol and rifle) and when I looked throught the Eotech with my pistol prescription glasses it was all fuzzy and distorted. The prescription I use for seeing my pistol sights is dominant eye focus at pistol sight distance and non dominate eye long distance. This works great for pistol iron sights. I checked out a buddys Aimpoint and the same thing, without my glasses dot was crisp but with my glasses on all distorted. I would like to get a scope that has some sort of dot for multi gun and was wondering if the Meopta 1-4 scope with the dot or the Leupold CQ/T would give me the same problem. Are the dots in these scopes the same as the Eotech and Aimpoint? I looked around and no one had either for me to check. Anyone out there with this problem?

Aimpoints and EOTechs are known as reflex sights and the way they project the dot is different than in a scope (like a Meopta). The benefit of a reflex sight is unlimited eye relief, no exit pupil, no parallax, etc.

With a Meopta (or Burris XTR, or Accupoint, etc) you will notice a bit of distortion at 1X vs the reflex sight as well as limited eye relief, exit pupil, etc even at 1X. On the plus side you'll be able to adjust the reticle focus to account for your shooting glasses.

But in the end it sounds like a reflex sight won't work for you so I'd borrow someone's 1-4 and give it a run. My guess is it'll work fine.

Edited by grywlfbg

Aimpoints and EOTechs are known as reflex sights and the way they project the dot is different than in a scope (like a Meopta). The benefit of a reflex sight is unlimited eye relief, no exit pupil, no parallax, etc.

With a Meopta (or Burris XTR, or Accupoint, etc) you will notice a bit of distortion at 1X vs the reflex sight as well as limited eye relief, exit pupil, etc even at 1X. On the plus side you'll be able to adjust the reticle focus to account for your shooting glasses.

But in the end it sounds like a reflex sight won't work for you so I'd borrow someone's 1-4 and give it a run. My guess is it'll work fine.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out some other scopes at the next match. I had to turn off the EOtech and use the iron sights for the match.

I have an Eotech on my carbine and I have no problems with the display until I put on my presciption shooting glasses I use to shoot pistols. I shot my first 2 gun match (pistol and rifle) and when I looked throught the Eotech with my pistol prescription glasses it was all fuzzy and distorted. The prescription I use for seeing my pistol sights is dominant eye focus at pistol sight distance and non dominate eye long distance. This works great for pistol iron sights. I checked out a buddys Aimpoint and the same thing, without my glasses dot was crisp but with my glasses on all distorted. I would like to get a scope that has some sort of dot for multi gun and was wondering if the Meopta 1-4 scope with the dot or the Leupold CQ/T would give me the same problem. Are the dots in these scopes the same as the Eotech and Aimpoint? I looked around and no one had either for me to check. Anyone out there with this problem?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I wear contacts and its a different prescription depending on which division I'm shooting. Eotech and C-more you can have your script at infinity. Target and dot will be clear.