Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a "I'm not a cop Backpack".

I am looking for a durable backpack that I can carry on to airplanes (must fit in overhead or under seat). I really am not looking for a "Tactical Looking" bag. However, I need it to be as durable as one as it will have a lot of ammo, holster, belt, pouches and pistols inside of it.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!!

Might try looking at some Oakley backpacks. If you have an outlet in your area, they usually have some. If you LE, you can sign up for their discount program on-line and they offer a few for sale on that website (at a huge discount).

I bought one last summer at Orlando to carry to Disney with the family. Pretty durable hardware and construction, without being too tacticool.

Why not hide in plain sight? A Maxpedition in any variant looks like the school pack of tomorrow-speaking of school packs- I dumped a broken/leaking tool box with inch drive sockets breaker bars etc. into a harmless looking red and black Swiss pack two years ago and cannot break it!!!

... as it will have a lot of ammo, holster, belt, pouches and pistols inside of it.

Umm ... just in case you haven't already found out the hard way, and unless you're LE ... pistols & ammo aren't "carry on" items.

See http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/ass...orial_1666.shtm. There's a link on that page for LE. Regs changed 07/15/09.