Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M3 problem with recycle

glockstan

I have Benelli M3 just wondering what is the best load type of ammo and brand and of course recycle perfect for this gun, I went to Wal-Mart last weekend and picked up a box of Federal Field & Target with 12gauge, 3 dram eq., 1-1/8 oz. shot and 7-1/2 shot and man! these stuff NOT recycling well at all with my Benelli 3, any advised please help, thanks, try not to spending lots of money for 00 buck or #4 shot, should I changed a difference weight of recoil spring or any other springs might help that gun to recycle with that load?? thank you very much for all help here.

Don't know what to tell you.....I had a M3 for several years and I cycled every thing I put in it. Does this happen to be a M3 with a pistol grip ???

YES! it a Benelli M3 Super 90 with pistol grip pump and semi auto

I think I remember reading that for some reason, the pistol grip Benelli's are more sensitive to light loads that the guns with a straight stock.

I'm sure Kurt or Trapper, or one of the other guru's will correct me if I'm wrong..... :rolleyes:

I used a pistol gripped M3 for a couple years and never had any issued with it.

Remember if your gun goes to crap on a stage, switching to pump is an immediate action drill.

It doesn't have one of the screw on/bolt through side saddles does it? Those can pinch the receiver and mess things up.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

I have Benelli M3 just wondering what is the best load type of ammo and brand and of course recycle perfect for this gun, I went to Wal-Mart last weekend and picked up a box of Federal Field & Target with 12gauge, 3 dram eq., 1-1/8 oz. shot and 7-1/2 shot and man! these stuff NOT recycling well at all with my Benelli 3, any advised please help, thanks, try not to spending lots of money for 00 buck or #4 shot, should I changed a difference weight of recoil spring or any other springs might help that gun to recycle with that load?? thank you very much for all help here.

Ummmmm the Wallly World 100 round value pack is what I shoot in mine all the time. How many rounds through yours?

Ummmmm the Wallly World 100 round value pack is what I shoot in mine all the time. How many rounds through yours?

I said about 1600 to 1800 rounds