Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about swapping slides/calibers on new Match w/Rail

mm6mm6

I have a full size, steel, non-rail Witness in blue from a few years ago. It was a .38 Super and I've purchased .22, .9mm, and .40 S&W conversion slide/barrels for it. They all work great! I love my Witness.

But I just saw a new Witness Match .40, single action, with the tactical rail. Wow!

If I buy it, will my .22, 9mm, and .38 Super conversion kits that I already have fit on a new rail model Witness Match? I'm concerned that they won't due to either rail or the single action trigger of the Match vs. my Witness' double action trigger.

I'd really like to know because I'd love to be able to swap out the calibers I already have onto a Witness Match with a rail!

Thanks in advance! -Steve

Thank you very much for the timely answer!

I just bought a new Witness Match in .40 with the rail, single action, etc. I plan to sell my standard DA Witness with its .40 cal setup. When my new gun arrives, I'll have a Witness Match in .22, .38 Super, 9mm, and .40 S&W!

I will be needing a duty style holster that will hold the new Match with a Streamlight TLR-1 tactical light. Sounds like the Kydex you're working on to come out soon might be just the ticket.

I would also really like tritium night sights. Are there night sights available for the Match sight's setup?

-Steve

The first holsters that works with the rail is in production and should be here soon.

I talked to Blade-Tech about making a holster that can hold a variety of lights. They weren't ready to make them just yet, but we will. I have to check with them, but I think it will be able to hold either M3, M6 or TLR-1 light, but this is something I have to check with them again. It will be available in my shop soon. We just want to get the holsters for the gun with rail, but nothing attached. Then they said they'd be ready to make me holsters that'll work with 3-5 different lights. As I understood you have to use a light with this holster and cannot just have the gun. Stay tuned and I'll get you set up shortly.