Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LPA adj rear sight cracked.

HighVelocity

The last time I used this pistol was at Area 4. I decided to get it out and detail strip it last night and was pretty surprised to see this.

This sight has been on the pistol for over 25k rounds and never given me any trouble. Is it possible that the cold temps at A4 in combination with major pf ammo could've caused this or is it coincidence?

I took it apart and it's cracked all the way through. :wacko:

I had a spare sight and have already replaced it but wonder if I should go ahead and order another to have standing by if this is a common thing.

post-11314-1259693295_thumb.jpg

It was cold and nasty at Area 4 but it sure wasn't that cold. Is the area that it cracked the same place that the springs are or are the springs on the other side of the elevation screw?

Did you quit the round guns? Need more revolvers at Area 4.

As a matter of fact, the springs were directly under the crack. I'm pretty sure I did not make contact with the wall on the stage with the doors. either.

see vid:

Arthritis has seriously curbed my fun with the round gun, Gregg. Manipulating the cylinder release with my rt thumb is becoming more and more difficult, unfortunately. <_<

I figured that the holes that they drill to seat the springs in didn't leave enough meat to carry the load.

That video is funny. My friend that we have named "Round Man" just kind of leaned over and gangster shot the low targets between the barrels too. One of the RO's was talking about a DQ for possible shot over the berm, he had 2 Alphas on both targets. If you can put 2 A's on a target while shooting through the appropriate port it has to be a good shot.

I built a 6.5" revolver for USPSA and since I could never shoot it in IDPA I went ahead and installed one of those big Hogue *thumb rest [generic]* cylinder releases. I'm getting spoiled on it. I went to an IDPA match last weekend and forgot how to open a cylinder with a standard latch. The Hogue would be much easier on your hands but still not much you can do about a gun shooting major with no springs for recoil.