Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winter Airsoft Training tip - controlling mag temp

sfpmb

I think this would be known to most airsoft shooters but we have alot of new shooters starting their first winter with airsoft. Nothing has slowed my winter airsoft training more than the loss of performance from my magazines when they got too cold and stopped functioning properly. The colder the magazines get the less the gas expands i.e the less it works. The safest way I know of is to just put the cold mag in your pocket to warm it up while you use another one. The video shows another way to keep the mag warm. Someone recently gave me this idea at a uspsa match and it seems like a decent way. You use your best judgement if the way I do it in the video will work for you.

On a second thought, I am really going to be pushing the complicated course training this winter. In the video you see me shoot a cluster of targets and its a little overwhelming for me. I just got back from Area 2 and two of the stages had two swingers each in them. I hit all my swingers at the match, but as an A class shooter I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by that much going on in a single stage. I left satified with my results but determined to open the eyes a little to see through stages like that. I mean after I set up that airsoft course in the video, I sat there thinking what targets do I hit first, do I activate first then transition to other side, if I get there and the swinger is not there what do I shoot instead and in what order. The two swinger thing is a visual circus while your shooting. Going through it really makes me just let the shooting happen and just shoot what I can see. I mean if I cannot process this in my garage how could I ever hope to in a match.

winter airsoft training