Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Build bull barrel K for USPSA?

Model19

It's soon to be winter. I'll be bored. I have a 4" 19-3 that is begging to be modded. Would changing to a bull barrel like a PPC piece make any sense (ha!) for USPSA use? I know I know, it's the shooter, not the gun. But I like to tinker and learn, and this seems like a good opportunity.

i have shot one of those ppc guns with a 6 inch bull barrel... i don't think it would be a lot of use swinging all they weight around all day... also i don't know how that barrel would respond to rapid fire.

the one i shot looked like this

ppcfront.jpg

you definitely would become the center of attention with it......

I'm thinking just the bull barrel, no underlug or sight rib. Machine the barrel to use a Weigand set up for the front sight. If it stinks I can always but the stock stuff back.

i have shot one of those ppc guns with a 6 inch bull barrel... i don't think it would be a lot of use swinging all they weight around all day... also i don't know how that barrel would respond to rapid fire.

the one i shot looked like this

ppcfront.jpg

you definitely would become the center of attention with it......

Is a crane lock mod needed with a bull barrel? I'm leaning towards a Clark Custom if it makes any difference.

I made one like that - slab sides with just a Weigand front base. It worked out well. It was a 6", but you could make yours a 5 or 4 inch too.