Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reverse safety on SLP?

astephenson

I just traded my Mossberg 930SPX in on a new FN SLP Mark 1 and I LOVE IT. The only thing I don't like is the trigger guard mounted safety. I read somewhere that the safety on the SLP is reversible for left-handed operation, but it's not covered in the manual, and I searched but was unable to find anything about it here. Can someone provide instructions on the procedure?

My relationship with my 930 SPX started poorly from the beginning. The day I brought it home I couldn't get more than 5 shells to load in the tube. I had to trim the forearm back so the magazine tube would fit without a gap that binded the follower.

Mine wouldn't cycle anything but 3 3/4 dram high brass birdshot. I've heard that others would, but mine never did...no matter how clean or dirty or wet or dry it was.

The trigger guard snapped into several pieces while shooting slugs. There were obvious voids in the casting.

All in all it's probably fine...I had heard nothing but good things about them...I might have just got a lemon.

• 9 months later...

Mine just came out one side or the other. I can't remember it's been so long, though. It should come out without removing the trigger.

Thanks, WAS. It feels like it should just slide right out, but is caught on something. I didn't want to force it without asking around, first; it looks like it's catching on the tab on the back of the trigger.

Ben

Edited by Benl