Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G-30 recoil springs

rledwards

Has anyone had any luck changing the recoil spring on a Glock 30 to a lighter weight spring?

I tried a search and didn't find anything about this.

I am trying to run a minor pf load and my G-30 will not cycle the slide with this load, where it runs fine in my M&P .45.

Specifically, how do you change the springs with the set-up Glock uses?

TIA.

--Lin

Edited by rledwards

I tried it with a Wolf set up. It had a two piece guide rod assembly that would capture their springs. Didn't work very well, feeding and extraction issues. Went back to the factory recoil spring and it was 100%. Came to the conclusion that maybe a compact .45 wasn't suited to minor pf.

The lightest load I ever tried was 3.5 gr of Trailboss with a 230 gr LRN, 1.250 OAL, 139 pf. Just tried it for fun really, cycled the gun but wouldn't eject every time. Maybe I'll try 3.7 some time.

I tried it with a Wolf set up. It had a two piece guide rod assembly that would capture their springs. Didn't work very well, feeding and extraction issues. Went back to the factory recoil spring and it was 100%. Came to the conclusion that maybe a compact .45 wasn't suited to minor pf.

The lightest load I ever tried was 3.5 gr of Trailboss with a 230 gr LRN, 1.250 OAL, 139 pf. Just tried it for fun really, cycled the gun but wouldn't eject every time. Maybe I'll try 3.7 some time.

try the sprinco uncaptured rod, I can go alway the down to 2.7 of clays with a 230 and she eats them right up. The spring I ended up using was 2lbs under factory.

Did the same thing with a g36 and it works great.

michaels

try the sprinco uncaptured rod, I can go alway the down to 2.7 of clays with a 230 and she eats them right up. The spring I ended up using was 2lbs under factory.

Did the same thing with a g36 and it works great.

michaels

Just did a search of both the Sprinco and TopGlock websites and didn't see anything listed for a G30. Which one do you use?

Thanks,

--Lin