Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which mag couplers will work with PMAGS

I like the Arrendondos and use them with ranger plates to give me extra height when prone. I originally started using them with USGI mags and they slipped no matter how much I tightened them. I'm glad I didn't toss them. It took a little effort to get them on but once installed, it is a rock solid combo.

post-2477-1257741919_thumb.jpg

The only thing about the Firebird coupler that could use a little improvement is that I need a little more height when resting on the magazines. I like using 2 coupled Pmags with ranger floorplates. That raises it up about an inch or so. I see that Arredondo has a new base pad for Pmags that add 2 or 3 inches in height, which might be a good thing for coupled mags. Maybe gluing a couple of those on the bottom of the Firebird would be the ticket.

+1

I have ape length arms and I do have to modify what would be my normal prone position to get down firmly on the firebird coupler. The firebird coupler is still awesome but an additional inch or two of height would make it a little better.

An adjustable height base pad on the Fierbird would be the cats meow! I would imagine that a mag coupler that gave adjustable support would eventually be labeled as bipod like and would put you in OPEN class.

Edited by jtischauser