Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safe-Fair-Fun???? DWEEB! (See a person "can't" say that without getting slammed!) :lol:

At times that rule has been written in the IMGA rules, and it was always understood that anything like a bi-pod would start folded. The reasoning behiit was from the S.O.F. days in which it WAS a "tactical" match and their premiss was that you wouldn't be out patroling with your bi-pod legs open, they would get in the way and snag on stuff. I think that is as salit today as it was back then, as I don't know anyone who has a bi-pod on their rifle and walks arouns all day with it deployed while hunting, hiking etc. I think that allowing open to "anything" at the start opens a can of worms, like, well I started aimed at the target with the safety off, cause I'm open. I know it,s supposed to be an empty chamber start, but I'm open...etc.

I can uderstand the point that SOF was trying to make with the bi-pod rule,but don't think you would get that reaction you explain from the Open guys if rules like that change.

I see it as more of a gear preference to have/want your bi-pod legs out,whereas start position and firearm ready descriptions are spelled out clear in the COF.

We all know that Open is a gear race..so why limit the gear or shooter preference.

IMO its small rules like this that bug me, because say for instance a guy is used to always having his bipod closed,but is at a match that the RO dosent care if you have it open or closed.

Guy gets at the end of his run and goes to yank on his cord and his bi-pod goes haywire,and now he's stuck without a bipod for the rest of the stage and that frustration of dealing with it..bummer..

The guy who won open just had his open and ready to go.Yes ultimately the shooter should have asked the RO...but small things like that need to be squashed.

Really at the end of the day, we just want the guy who SHOT the best to win,and not be riddled with equipment/unconsistent rules.

Lol of course who isn't riddled with equipment problems shooting Open!!? 3 knocks and a spin while speaking in tounges before the match makes my saiga run great!

Aust

"Guy gets at the end of his run and goes to yank on his cord and his bi-pod goes haywire,and now he's stuck without a bipod for the rest of the stage and that frustration of dealing with it..bummer.."

A Nascar racer hit the gas too soon coming out of a corner, corrects the slid but over revs the motor and launches a rod out the side, Now he is stuck without a car for the rest of the race and that frustration of dealing with it....thats racing baby! :)

So an open shooter's preference is to start in the middle of the stage where he can see all the targets instead of behind the barricade and that,s cool cause it,s his preference? Open shooter decides to use his 300 win mag rifle on the 400 yard steel cause there is some wind and also carry his regular AR for the close stuff...it just gear right? Can -O- Worms!

170 mag length for pistols...."so why limit the gear or shooter preference."

Like Picaso said...ya got to draw the line somewhere :D