Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.45 minor loads using Winchester WST

bfwally

I have been loading 200g Rainier or Berry's bullets using Titegroup to a power factor of 140-145 for IDPA ESP and USPSA Production with good success. Well, now that the Area 4 is coming up I can't find Titegroup anywhere, and the only fast burning powder I could find locally was WST. Anybody have any experience with loading powderpuff .45 with this powder? Is it any cleaner than TG at these low power factors?

Oh yes,it will work very well for you at Minor.I don't have my data in front of me right now,but I was having real good luck with it under 200 LSWCs for a 625 revo.I use like 4-4.5grs IIRC.IMO,its cleaner and cooler burning than Titegroup.I believe there are quite a few Bullseye shooters that use it too.-Mike

Oh yes,it will work very well for you at Minor.I don't have my data in front of me right now,but I was having real good luck with it under 200 LSWCs for a 625 revo.I use like 4-4.5grs IIRC.IMO,its cleaner and cooler burning than Titegroup.I believe there are quite a few Bullseye shooters that use it too.-Mike

I have made up some test rounds ranging between 3.9 and 4.5g, so I guess I will be in the ballpark. Boy, it is fluffy, low density stuff compared to WW231 or TG! I can't try them out yet since our local indoor range had a fire........

No powder puffs but 169pf with 200gr and 4.7gr of WST with Precision Moly coated so it will take +.2 with the Rainer.

It is good to have a load that makes major too, I will try that. No indications of high pressure with that load?