Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New Team

JimmyZip

Well,

I met the girls that I will be coaching this year. I have asst. coached 8-13 boys water polo before. This is my first with girls. What can I say but that I was impressed with how well they worked in the afternoon sun. They ran hard, and responded well to encouragement and correstions. My asst coach was a few years behind me in school but she was a jock. She was busy telling me to take it easy.(Becaue of the surgery I had Monday) It was too much fun. I think I had more fun than most of the girls, but not by much.

I think the hardest thing for me will be getting their names straight. :rolleyes:

This is the first year that they play competetively. That is cool because I have some really good players. Great to see how many of the drills that we are running were directly taken from water polo.

Funny that some of the players whose parents thought they were not good players are really talented kids in need of good coaching. I find these types of kids a challenge. I have turned more than one player around through showing them just what they are really capable of. you can see it in their eyes when they get it. They are shown without a doubt that they are really capable. It can change a life.

I am honored. :closedeyes: