Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springer/Powder River Trigger Kit Question

mark9765

I have good things about Springer Precision and Powder River's trigger kits for Springfield XD. I need a little insight from someone smarter than me. Springer's trigger kit replaces the sear and the trigger bar and springs. Powder River's trigger kit replaces the striker safety lever, springs and adds an over travel stop. I don't know a lot about the inner workings of a semi-automatic pistol but it seems each company accomplishes the same goal using completly different parts. Which is better or are the end results about the same?

A gunsmith trigger job with the factory parts would be better in my opinion.

Rich

That would be my first choice except for the following:

I have only 1 pistol (XD 40) and I would not want to be without it for 1-2 months.

Shipping cost are very expensive ($150 round trip?)

Which would put the cost of the trigger upgrade to about $280-$300.

Not in my price range at the moment.

I've handled two XDs that were done by Rich, and three that were done by Springer. All five were a dramatic improvement over the stock XD trigger. When it came time to get something done on my own XD, I went with Springer - the feel of his trigger was more to my liking. I sent the gun out to Scott - I don't know what he does in addition to dropping in the new parts, so I couldn't guess what just dropping them in with no fitting would give you.

No clue about the Powder River stuff...