Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SLP won't feed last round

EmanP

At the last 3 gun match it started having problems where the shell gets stuck on the gate. It sits right on top of the gate and only happens with the last round in the tube and doesn't lift it up to feed. Anyone seen this before?

I didn't say it had to be changed at 1000k rounds. I just said I do for good measure. I don't like to have equipment issues while competing so I don't pull punches on my gear. Mag tube springs are cheap($6) and they are directly related to the reliability of your shotty. 1000 rounds is alot of cycling considering they have a 9 round or more capacity. 8 shotgun shells are heavy. The spring needs to remain strong enough to push them out and weak enough to allow easy loading over a rather lengthy span. Consider how many times that spring cycles and how much weight it has to move for 1000 rounds. Just sayin......

I would also check and make sure the lift gate isn't rubbing on the side as it lifts. Mine works fine, but I know a few people who have had this problem. I have no idea if this would be causing your particular problem though. Good luck.

Damien

• 2 weeks later...
Well I ordered a new spring from Brownells but apparantly it's not the one with the mag extension. Where do you guys get your springs from?

I get mine from Chris at CPWSA. They are chrome silicon springs from Nordic components. You cut them to fit your tube. Its a good idea to get a an extra or two to keep on hand.