Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ZEV Tech Fulcrum Trigger for ESP or CDP in IDPA

Lumpy McSoo

Hello,

Well, from Robert Ray's article I know the "Standard" is legal for IDPA. The other is mentioned for ESP. I would assume this means it could also be used in a G-21 for CDP?

Are these triggers worth the extra money? Is it better to just get a polish job with a new type of connector?

Also, is the Ghost Rocket with overtravel tab legal for SSP?

I am thinking of going back to my Glock 21 for CDP but I just love my 1911 trigger. Would one of these kits be worth it?

Thanks, Later, Lumpy.

Edited by Lumpy McSoo

Yes, the fulcrum would indeed be legal for CDP and the ghost rocket with overtravel tab is legal for SSP. I haven't tried the ghost rocket yet but I have the fulcrum and love it. It's not going to be as crisp as a good 1911 type trigger but it's close enough for me. It's a big improvement over the stocker IMO.

Lumpy, by using the search function, I found several threads like THIS ONE that pertain to your question. IMHO you are better off with a Vanek trigger and/or a Lone Wolf 3.5# connector.

Pharaoh,

I appreciate your concern. But after reading the entire post, which I DID DO A SEARCH ON and found (sorry, I am one of the users who does use the search function, but it only came up with 2 with the ZT connectors only). Sorry again, but I hate the response "do a search" when I did and I found nothing directly relating to my quesion. I think that Glock Worx and Zev Tech (same Co. I assume) did admit they had an error and corrected it.

I will respond in another response to Yar1180, but trying to mimick his avatar has made it quite hard to type...LOL

Years ago, I put a 3.5# connector in my Glock 21 for IDPA. I use the heck out of Microlon on every metal to metal surface. It is very smooth now, but I don't care much for the overtravel. The pre-travel, well, in stress situations I don't notice it and in other situations my finger is so trained that I can take up much of the slop (but not all) while moving (but front sight still ont target), and still have that last movement to drop the striker whenver I please. Well, that last movement, although at close ranges is ok, I would like to just perfect it a little more. I have a brand new Ghost Rocket once I find my Dremel. I am not too upset with my G-21, actually, not upset at all, but would like to tune it as best as possible.

I think I will take Yar1180 up on his 30-day offer, as long as shipping isn't $99.95? LOL...smirk, I hope not... I already have their skelotinzied striker and the Ghost recommended springs for the big bores. I just need the assembly so not the full up package.

Well, thanks for your concern. Also, please realize thait I have done many searches on this and have not found out exactly the answer that I was looking for. That is why I made a new post. Sometimes search engines and the inputs to search engines don't find exactly what a person is looking for, so please keep that in mind. I searched for over 2 hours for what I thought was a relevant post and I could not find one. If you did find one (and the one you gave was not relevant for my exact question) please share with me your knowledge of the search engines.

Thanks, Later, Lumpy.

Edited by Lumpy McSoo

Lumpy we stand behind our products. Order one, shoot it for 30 days and if it does not meet your expectations I'll give you a refund minus the shipping.

Yar1180,

Expect to see an order from me soon. My main question now is that I have heard that for the .45 ACP you do not necessarily want to go with all of the 9 mm mouse fart load springs.

Of all of the spring options, could you recommend what you guys reccomend for the following:

1.) A 9 mm IDPA SSP minor PF pistol (all springs recommended)

2.) A .40 S&W IDPA SSP minor (all springs recommended)

3.) A .40 S&W USPSA (perhaps IPSC) Major PF (all springs recommended)

4.) A .45 ACP (Glock 21) for SSP Minor (all springs recommended)

5.) A .45 ACP (Glock 21) for either ESP or CDP (or seperate if too different) (all springs recommended).

WHAT I WANT? Well, a very smooth and somewhat light, but not too light, trigger for a Glock 21 for CDP. My Stock Glock with Bar-Sto barrel, aftermarket (too many to list) sights, and just a generic 3.5# connector works well. I just want to take the trigger to the next level.

I was thinking of placing an order right now but I don't want to leave something out and have to pay full shipping again for just one extra spring. I will check out your website and put a note for you to finalize the order before it ships.

Thanks, I hope you are correct and Pharaoh is misguided but well-intentioned.

Later, Lumpy.

No worries chief...just wanted to make sure you had access to all of the information provided on the forums pertaining to your inquiry.

Thanks Pharaoh,

I had the gut feeling you were well intentioned. One thing I dislike is when someone sometimes rudely responds with "Did you use the search ?" Well, my father who is in his 70's, likes to look at these pages and does not understand all the nuances of, well, everything when it comes to computers. He does what he can but misses and doesn't understand a lot. Also, I am pretty computer saavy and still mess up search queries, even though I try. Well, we tried, we came, and the forum provided answers.

This forum is great and I appreciate people such as yourself that choose to be moderators. Thanks.

Well, I am planning on getting a Fulcrum. Since my part of my car's BCM (computer, Body Control Module) just died, well, I have some unexpected expenses but I still may be able to sell some 1911 mags to make the difference up.

Thanks to everyone. Later, Lumpy.

For 9mm minor and 40 minor I would use the reduced power striker spring (comes with the all trigger kits) w/ the skeletonized striker(comes with the ultimate kit), our extra power trigger spring (comes with the all trigger kits), reduced power firing pin safety spring (comes with the all trigger kits), and a ismi 13 lbs recoil spring. You'll either need a aftermarket recoil rod no heavier than regular steel or disasemble and reassemble your factory recoil rod. Our hardened bronze recoil rod would not be legal to my understanding.

For 45 minor you could do the above with either a 13 or 15 lbs recoil spring depending on light your actual loads were.

For hot 45, something that made major I would use a 15 lbs recoil spring.

Really it's not a bad idea to get both a 13 lbs and a 15 lbs recoil spring and test with your ammo. The lighter spring will give you more slide speed but the heavier spring may feel softer to some people because it spreads out the recoil impulse at the expense of slide speed. The big thing besides how fast the gun cycles and how it feels is how the sights track during and after recoil. Too heavy a recoil spring and not only is the gun slower but the front sight may dip down below the target after recoil.

For 9mm minor and 40 minor I would use the reduced power striker spring (comes with the all trigger kits) w/ the skeletonized striker(comes with the ultimate kit), our extra power trigger spring (comes with the all trigger kits), reduced power firing pin safety spring (comes with the all trigger kits), and a ismi 13 lbs recoil spring. You'll either need a aftermarket recoil rod no heavier than regular steel or disasemble and reassemble your factory recoil rod. Our hardened bronze recoil rod would not be legal to my understanding.

For 45 minor you could do the above with either a 13 or 15 lbs recoil spring depending on light your actual loads were.

For hot 45, something that made major I would use a 15 lbs recoil spring.

Really it's not a bad idea to get both a 13 lbs and a 15 lbs recoil spring and test with your ammo. The lighter spring will give you more slide speed but the heavier spring may feel softer to some people because it spreads out the recoil impulse at the expense of slide speed. The big thing besides how fast the gun cycles and how it feels is how the sights track during and after recoil. Too heavy a recoil spring and not only is the gun slower but the front sight may dip down below the target after recoil.

Yar,

Thanks for the response. For the 9 mm and 40 MINOR that is what I would do and thanks for confirming that.

My big question now is for the Glock 21. I just ordered and had confirmation of shipment of the $180 package for the G-21. Many months ago I had ordered the skeletonized striker and the polished safety plunger but with no other parts other than the 3.5 lb connector that I already had. I purchased the Ghost Rocket (but still can't find my darn Dremel since moving) and used their guidlines in not going too light on springs for the .45 ACP with Major PF loads. I am and probably will shoot a G-21 (or perhaps a S&W M&P tuned .45 ACP) for CDP. I have a Wilson CQB Elite which is a great pistol but is not as natural as the G-21 or the M&P. Why should a shooter shoot something which may have cost more, perhaps group better off of a benchrest, but in the long run be slower with? As of later this month I plan on shooting my G-21 in CDP, with the new $180 Glock Worx trigger package ina State Level sanctioned event. I am guessing it will get here early next week so we shall see what happens.

I do have a G-34 and a G-35 that I want to set up but for now my focus is entirely on my Glock 21 for CDP. I don't need a 1.5-2.0 lb trigger nor do I want one. Hence, I probably won't go to the lighter striker spring. How much of an effect do all of the other springs have on trigger pull? Well, I guess I have time to figure this out since right now, I just want to get my G-21 singing for CDP at the Ohio State championships...

Oh well, I am sure it all will work out.

Later, Lumpy.