Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1st NRA action pistol...needing advice

CPUFIXER

These are two videos from my 1st NRA action pistol patch. I normally shoot USPSA in limited. I was wondering if I could get some advice on my grip, muzzle flip, etc. I know that I had a wicked flinch at the last shot of the 2nd video.

I'm shooting a Brazos SC 5" .40

12# wolff spring

Atlanta Arms .40 loaded to 1.180" major (don't really know the PF)

It does have a new Bar-sto barrel (500+ rounds in it already)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGwiySgb8Jc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrGmmfGdiiE

The first thing to do is load some lighter ammo!! PF in Action Pistol is only 120 and that major stuff you're shooting will beat you to death in an AP match of 192 rds. Lighten the loads and find something that will do 2"-3" at 50 yds and you're good to go. That would also temper your flinch some I would think.

Alan~^~

Rowan County? Boy, It's been a while since I've been there. Doesn't look like Gary Sharpe is running the matches anymore. Tell them they are using the wrong targets. We now use AP-1 targets instead of D-1. They have a black X ring.

Like Alan said, you could use to tone down the loads. Although, I'm assuming that you just want to shoot Action to practice for USPSA matches. If that's the case then you'll have to practice sight alignment, trigger squeeze and follow through. I couldn't tell much from the video and my connection at home goes at a snails pace.

I really don't know how to answer your questions about grip and such unless you and I were face to face. If Don Adams still shoots there, he would be able to help you.