Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft Targets

jkatz44

Right now I am printing targets for airsoft targets. What is a very easy way to catch the bbs using a cardboard box. Right now i am putting rags inside the box.

It's not perfect, but I have a very large cardboard box with a beach towel hanging a couple inches from the back. Then I have another box with some old sheets rumbled up in the bottom to catch the pellets. There are still strays but it's getting most of them.

Right now I am printing targets for airsoft targets. What is a very easy way to catch the bbs using a cardboard box. Right now i am putting rags inside the box.

It's not perfect, but I have a very large cardboard box with a beach towel hanging a couple inches from the back. Then I have another box with some old sheets rumbled up in the bottom to catch the pellets. There are still strays but it's getting most of them.

How do you hang the towel inside?

Try this . The pellets go through the first target, hit the second target and drop in box. Been working really well.

I made stands using PVC pipe, PVC T's and regular Uspsa target sticks. I believe its a 1.25 pvc that the target sticks fit in snuggly and it works great. I just use a regular 2 full size Uspsa cardboard target. I then just took a thicker towel and stapled it to the back of the target sticks. On the very bottom I let it hang then pull it underneath and around front of the full size cardboard target and use tacks that you would use on a corkboad to hold paper up. I pull them up then stick them in the front of the target stick. I use the tacks so I can easily remove them. It creates a nice little valley. The BB's go through the cardboard(I print paper targets to tape on the cardboard) and hits the towel and then falls down to the bottom of the towel where they are caught. I pull one tack and let them all roll in a bucket.

I also only staple the towel towards the top so it just hangs and is not tight. It lets the towel absorb the impact without the BB going through it.

Works great. Only problem is shooting metal targets, no way to collect the bb's. I just suck everything up with a sweeper.

Flyin