Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tauras 1911 38 super

Pelling1020

Bought .38 super, 1911PT Tauras. Problems with extraction, brass all over - front, back, side and failures to feed. Exjected brass dented. Tried multiple pound recoil springs, same problem. Seems like an ejector problem. Tried to remove firing pin and extractor to take a look. Series 80 stuff, pushed all the spring loaded stuff, pushed firing pin in, tried to remove firing pin stop - won't budge. Discovered a small hole with pin or screw on the side of the firing pin stop. Can't figure out how to remove it or the firing pin stop.

Uh, the ejector is on the frame.

My Taurus 45's firing pin stop was as normal as can be. You pushed the plunger into the slide and then the firing pin in all the way so that when you release the plunger the firing pin is captive right. The stop should slide right out.

Edited by technetium-99m

Uh, the ejector is on the frame.

My Taurus 45's firing pin stop was as normal as can be. You pushed the plunger into the slide and then the firing pin in all the way so that when you release the plunger the firing pin is captive right. The stop should slide right out.

My mistake, meant extractor. Pushed in firing pin all the way. This is a new gun. Old Tauras does not have this additional issue. I have an older .45 model and it functions just as you indicate.