Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Ranger II

IC_Cyclone

Well, that's what my search revealed...4.2 vs 4.15, whether the Ranger is really 4.15 as specified by STI because some physically measure it longer, whether the 4.2 rule for "compact" applies to Commander length....

While I'm interested in a definitive answer, it's probably not coming so I think I'll just shoot at local matches and have some fun, whatever the division...I've shot just two matches and my scores aren't indicating an unfair equipment (or skill) advantage.

Thanks!

Steve

Exactly. A poster in one thread ground his barrel down to make it flush with the slide, because the barrel actually measured 4.2 or over. It has to be under 4.2. That's another option to make it legal if that is actually the case.

ETA: I found one of the references I remembered, but it was on another forum. Here is what that poster said.

My pistolsmith buddy at STI measured the barrel on my Ranger II from the end of the muzzle to the top rear edge of the hood. It was a standard Commander length.

4.15" is the length of the slide. I wish STI would advertise it right. The barral can be cut back to 4.15". That's what I had done to the Ranger and it actually looks very good...

Edited by Steve J