Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Choices

medic21

I have a friend moving back from Arizona. He plans on shooting IDPA and USPSA with me. I'll need to start reloading 40 SW for him. He shoots a Glock. I use VitaVhouri 320, 340 and 3N37 for my 45 ACP and 9mm and don't want to stock other powders unless I must. Anyone out there willing to share their pet VitaVhouri recipes for 40 SW/165 or 180? TIA

I have a friend moving back from Arizona. He plans on shooting IDPA and USPSA with me. I'll need to start reloading 40 SW for him. He shoots a Glock. I use VitaVhouri 320, 340 and 3N37 for my 45 ACP and 9mm and don't want to stock other powders unless I must. Anyone out there willing to share their pet VitaVhouri recipes for 40 SW/165 or 180? TIA

OMG, just search for 40 major and you'll find all the info that you want... seems lots of us stick with N320. I load it at 4.85gr behind zero 180 JHP in a 5" limited gun. But as I'm sure you know, all barrels, heads, temps, etc will cause performance to vary greatly, so start low, get a chrono and work up... but if you have N320, why change... yeah, there are cheaper, but dang it works good.

Alan