Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun People

JimmyZip

Last weekend I went to visit some relatives up north in the Portland/Camas area of Oregaon/Washington. We went to the English Pit rifle range and put alot of ammo through our new rifles.

The people I was shooting with were the same people who would art me around to matches when I was a 5'4" 11 year old pimple faced kid with a BHP and a Gordon Davis inside-the-pants holster with mags in my back pockets. My little (30 year old) brother was there too.

It was a hoot. I heard the same ribbing I used to hear, but now I was the teacher for my brother, and was sighting in my own rifle without my old man hovering. (I guess he figures he taught me well. He did.)

The people at the range were helpful and friendly. The safety at the range was more than adequate. Strangers were very willing to let me shoot their new rifles. I in turn was happy to let them shoot mine once it was sighted in.

I was more than satisfied with the rifle I got. It is a Rock River AR in 6.8 with an Eotech on top. This is my first AR rifle,(besides the one I was issued in the Army before I fell in love with the 60) and I was happy to get it out and shoot it. Now I need dies, and a 550. (Yes, these are the kind of gifts that actuallly make you spend more money! :roflol: )

My little bro got a Golani as a present too. Once sighted in I was able to shoot 1 1/2" groups at 100yds with it. I was suprised as I have heard alot of negative press about these rifles. But for a low maintanence rifle with simple controls, and very mild recoil, I think he got a keeper.

It was raining, it was cool, the people were great, and afterward we had lunch and talked about old times. Things were good!