Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New ARs and English Pit Range

JimmyZip

Drove to english pit range near Camas Washington last weekend while visiting relatives up there. I managed to fire the new Ruger Ar. I thought it accurate, and very much quality from what I could tell.

I got to shoot my new Rock River Arms AR in 6.8spl. After a few groups and adjustments of the windage and elevation, it was on. I shot some on the 100yd line and the groups could be covered with a quarter.The trigger on the RRA was crisp, and about 4.5 if I would guess.

Can't wait til the POF .308 rifle get in.

Also got to sight in and shoot my brothers Golani.

I wasn't expecting to like this rifle. I am not a fan of the AK platform. The Golani is the semi-auto version of the Galil. I had heard many complaints regarding other who had purchased these and had difficulties. Well my brother had none. We ran 300 rounds through it. With the iron sights that came with the rifle, my brother and I managed to print 2" groups at 100yds. It was a hoot to shoot. The trigger isn't an AR trigger, but his out of the box was quite good.

The Golani had no FTF, and no FTE. even when it was hot, it printed good. I was impressed. Once we were dialed in that thing was only marginally less accurate that the ARs we were shooting.

But, the greater reciprocating mass that moves inside the rifle absorbs recoil considerably. If I was thinking of a bush gun, I think that Golani might be it. It had no feed issues, and was a joy to shoot. The only drawback is the front sight need a little tool to raise and lower it. Not a great issue, but a PITA none the less.

Anyway, it was a great day to spend with the people that got me into shooting. That little range has good safety proceedures. I will return in a couple of weeks and try the bolt rifles!

We Shall See!

JZ