Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-gun lessons

Brian Payne

At a smaller local 3-gun match yesterday. Five stages with four stages shot already, doing well for me being the type of shooter that I am.

Last stage is a 28 rd. shotgun hoser stage, basically shoot-reload-shoot from one position. Since there were a lot of new shooters at this match and in my squad, I decided that this would be good time to show everyone how badly a stage can get screwed up when you load a shell in the shotgun tube BACKWARDS. Yep, it can be done, and it does tend to make things go bad for a while.

Judging from the laughter of the other shooters, it will be a lesson well learned. Just what I had intended.

At a smaller local 3-gun match yesterday. Five stages with four stages shot already, doing well for me being the type of shooter that I am.

Last stage is a 28 rd. shotgun hoser stage, basically shoot-reload-shoot from one position. Since there were a lot of new shooters at this match and in my squad, I decided that this would be good time to show everyone how badly a stage can get screwed up when you load a shell in the shotgun tube BACKWARDS. Yep, it can be done, and it does tend to make things go bad for a while.

Judging from the laughter of the other shooters, it will be a lesson well learned. Just what I had intended.

Too bad. With all my silly penalties (since when did we start counting no-shoots? :lol: ) you would have won had you not decided to put on that tutorial for the newbs.