Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FN SLP Suggested Loads

mrspock

My SLP is a Winchester Super X-2. Oddly, it seems to chock on Winchester shotshell ammo. Works great with bulk Federal or remington GunClub brand.

No luck with the Fiocci low-recoil buckshot.

Perfect with Remington & Federal low recoil slugs, as wel as the excellent German-made full power slugs marketed by Wolf (they are made by Schoennbeck in Germany).

Patterned my SLP with Federal, Winchester, Remington, and Fiocchi low recoil buckshot loads at 50' and a Mod choke.

All except the Remington would have a flyer pellet or two. The Remington P/N RL12BK00 Managed Recoil load shot a consistent 6" pattern at 50' with no flyers. Only negative is the buffering in that load would produce a light fog for a short period of time if shot indoors. Not noticeable outdoors.

For slugs I shot 5 shot groups at 50 yd from a rest on a bench. Ammunition was from the same four mentioned above in low/managed recoil offerings. My gun shot them all pretty much the same except for the Remington which had a noticeably larger group size.

For birdshot I just grab a few boxes of Winchester AA 1.125oz 2.75 dram as thats what I use in the clays sports.

I have the Winchester SX3(basically same as SLP just lighter with a vent rib) I like the Remington STS Light Target loadsd for birdshot in #8 or 9. I also use Winchester AA Super Sport Sporting Clays in #8 or 9 but much snappier than the STS Light Target.

I use the Winchester Ranger low recoil slugs and buckshot. Or Federal redeuced recoil buckshot. I shoot buckshot with the IM choke and slugs with the LM for the best pattern.