Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

115 gr 9mm loads in G17

Swede20

Anyone have any good loads for a 9mm 115gr FMJ using VV N320 powder.  I am looking for a good GSSF load for my G17.  There is no power factor in GSSF so the lighter the better as long as they can knock down the steel plates.

I have shot absolute truck loads of 9mm through glocks. I have had terrible problems with ejection on fast burning powders like N320, W231, Hodg Clays etc. I have settled on Win WSF, Mulwex AP70, Hodg Univ Clays, Win 540, VV N340 etc. The fast burn rate powders are very accurate but pressure is high when you get the 9mm to cycle. The medium powders are not as soft but they are more reliable.

Unless you can change the recoil spring ( I tried, it works very well ) you should stick to medium burn rate powders, and jacketed projectiles.

If you have the time mess around with as many different loads as posible.

I maxxed out at 4.3grains of N320, 115gr JHP and load to 1.15"max. 4.2grains was best if you swap out the spring. WATCH YOUR PRIMERS CAREFULLY AND CHECK CASE HEAD BULGE. The fast powders increase the likelyhood of case head separation with the Glock. Use very new brass.

Be Carefull.